Welcome to the Alliance Law Firm’s (the “Firm” “We” “Our” “US”) Privacy Notice. The Firm respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your data protection. This privacy notice is drafted in accordance with Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) 2019.
2. ABOUT US
Alliance Law Firm is a dynamic partnership registered under the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Our mission is to establish a world class, full service Nigerian law firm distinguished by its premium service. We incorporate a rich blend of traditional legal practice with the dynamism required to satisfy the constantly evolving dynamism of business in our result driven professional service. For more information, please visit @ firstname.lastname@example.org
3. ABOUT THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice describes who we are, how we collect, use, store and share your personal data and the rights available to you. The Privacy Notice applies to every data subject (clients, vendors, consultants amongst others) who interact with us. Please read the entire Privacy Notice to understand how we process your personal data and the rights available to you.
4. RIGHT TO COMPLAINT
Kindly note that you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Nigeria Data Protection Bureau (NDPB), the Nigeria Data Protection Regulator for data protection issues (https://ndpb.gov.ng/) or approach competent court of law to enforce your data protection rights. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the NDPB so please contact us in the first instance.
Alliance Law Firm
email@example.com or send a letter to our physical office @ Alliance House, 71 Ademola Street, South-West Ikoyi, Lagos State, Nigeria.
5. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect your personal identity data, contact details, contract or business data, data, financial data, technical data, communication data, and other data READ MORE
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
Identity Data includes name, username or similar identifier, marital status, Identification card title, date of birth and gender, professional background, employment history, tax status, job title
Contact Data includes home address, country of residence, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
Financial Data includes bank account, payment card details, bank statement, income details.
Contract or Business Data includes personal data collected in the course legal service or contractual or client relationships such as information about the contracts such as date of conclusion, the type of contract, its duration and the services to be provided, complaints, feedback.
Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
Communication Data is your name and contact details, the means, place and time of communication and its content
Other Data- we may collect data from you to be processed in relation to administrative or judicial proceedings.
By virtue of the categories of personal data we collect, we process sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data is personal data that is granted extra protection by law. Examples of sensitive personal data are information relating to your religious or other beliefs, sexual orientation, health, race, ethnicity, political views, trades union membership, criminal records. Processing sensitive personal data requires extra legal basis. We process these in the course of providing legal services to you or to company you represent or when complying with law. The law requires us to obtain your express consent when protecting our sensitive personal data.
Information About other People
If you provide information to us about any person other than yourself, your employees, counterparties, your advisers or your suppliers, you must ensure that they understand how their information will be used, and that they have given their consent for you to disclose it to us and for you to allow us, and our outsourced service providers to use it
If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel a contract you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
6. SOURCES WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA FROM
Much of the personal data we collect are either collected from you through direct interaction with us or through automated technologies. We may also collect your personal data from publicly available sources. READ MORE
We use different methods to collect personal data from you and they include:
Direct interactions. You may give us your personal data by filling a form or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. If you wish to enter into contract with us or use our services, you will have to provide us with certain data to us.
Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources available to us such as social media, public authorities, contractual partners, associations, credit agencies amongst others.
7. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use your personal data for many purposes such as providing you with legal services, updating you about our services, for processing payments, complying with legal obligations, communication purpose; for carrying out contractual obligations, to conduct due diligence, to investigate, defend and exercise legal rights; to comply with legal obligations and many more. READ MORE
- We process your personal information for several purposes and they include:
To provide communication with you with regards to inquiries and exercise of your rights and also to enable us contact you in case of queries or marketing. We use communication, contact for this purpose and our lawful bases are for performance of contract between you and us or for our or third-party legitimate interest. Where the purpose of our communication is solely for marketing purpose, you have an absolute right to object to the marketing.
- To provide you with legal services. We use identity data, contact details, contract or business data, financial data and communication data for carrying out this purpose. Our legal basis for processing these your personal data is to enable us perform the contract you entered with us.
- To comply with our contractual obligation with you and we rely on contract or business data for this purpose. Our legal basis is performance of contract.
- To undertake marketing activities regarding our services. We use technical data, communication and contact data. We will obtain your consent (opt in) before sending you marketing email. However, in certain circumstances such as where you have transacted with us, we may rely on our legitimate interest to send marketing email to you without obtaining your prior consent, however, we will provide an option for you to “opt out” of the email if you object to it.
- To improve our services and operations. We strive to improve our services and to respond to changing needs. To this end we process technical data, communication data, customer surveys and polls. We may use pseudonymized data for this purpose and will rely on our legitimate interest or obtain your consent where the circumstances demand.
- To process and deliver services including processing payment. We use identity data, financial data, communication data for this purpose. We process these personal data based on the contract between us or the entity you represent and on our or third-party legitimate interest.
- To investigate, defend and exercise our legal right. We will use other data, identity and contact details for this purpose. Our legal bases are legitimate interest and to exercise and defend our legal right.
- To comply with the provisions of law such as maintaining records, compliance checks, tax compliance amongst others
We will only process your personal data for the particular purposes for which we collected it, unless we have reason to use it for another purpose. Please note that where this is the case and the further purpose is not compatible with the original purpose, we will notify you and obtain your consent before using it for such further purpose. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
8. LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may rely on consent or explicit consent (where sensitive data is involved) to process your personal data. Kindly note that where we rely on consent or explicit consent to process your personal data, you can always and at any time withdraw your consent. Where we do not rely on consent, we may be relying on performance of a contract with you or entity you represent; legal obligation to be able to perform our obligations with the law, substantial public interest with respect to certain sensitive data and our or third-party legitimate interest. READ MORE
- We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your personal data. Kindly contact us if you need further details or clarity about the specific legal ground, we are relying to process your personal data where more than one grounds has been stated. We will rely on any of the legal bases listed below depending on the processing activities: We will ask you for your consent in certain processing activities that involves sensitive personal data or marketing mailing. Where we obtain your consent, kindly note that you can withdraw the consent at any time and we will comply.
- We may process your personal data based on the contract you have entered with or to take pre-contractual step at your instruction.
- We may also process your personal data in order to perform legal obligation entrusted on us by law
- We may process your personal data for our or third-party legitimate interest
9. WHAT CONSTITUTE CONSENT
In certain circumstances we may rely on consent to process your personal data. Where we intend to rely on consent, ticking box, endorsing your signature in a form or clicking accept button on our website will constitute consent.
11. WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties such as regulatory authorities, external experts and consultants, IT system providers, platform providers. READ MORE
Vendors, consultants, and other service providers:
We may share your Personal data with third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. We may also share your personal data with other law firms, courts, law enforcement agencies amongst others.
Disclosures for national security or law enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data in response to valid requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, based on our legitimate interests or legal obligations.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
12. DATA SECURITY
We implemented ISO 9001:2015 and have HTTPS protocol to ensure encryption and safety of your personal data in our custody. READ MORE
We have put appropriate security measures such as encryption, firewall, and locks in place to prevent accidental loss of personal data, and/or to ensure that personal data is not used, accessed, altered, or disclosed in an unauthorized manner. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to only employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who we have business need with. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and are strictly subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place some procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach within 72 hours where we are obligated to do so.
13. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes they were collected and subject to limits set by the Law. READ MORE
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes they were collected for, including legal or regulatory purposes, tax, and accounting or reporting requirements and where we are required to assert or defend against legal claims, pending the final adjudication of the claim. In some circumstances we will anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you. To learn more about our retention periods as established in our retention policy, please contact us
13. PRINCIPLES OF DATA PROTECTION
We are obligated to comply with data protection principles whenever we process your personal data and to inform you about these principles. These principles include:
- We must inform you about the personal data we have about you, the lawful basis for processing it and we must use it a way you reasonably expect. (Principle of Transparency, Lawfulness and Fairness)
- We must not use your personal data for more than one reason if not compatible with the reason we collected it for except we have informed you and relied on appropriate lawful basis (Principle of purpose limitation)
- We must only collect personal data about you that is only necessary to meet our purpose and nothing more (Principle of data minimization)
- We must only use your correct personal data in the course of our processing activities (Principles of data accuracy)
- We must not store or keep your personal data about you in our custody beyond the period necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is collected (Principle of storage limitation)
- We must ensure that your personal data about you in our custody is protected from unauthorized use, alteration or corruption. (Principle of integrity and confidentiality)
- We must take measures to ensure and demonstrate compliance with these principles (Principle of accountability)
14. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have certain rights under the law which we respect and adhere to and which can be exercised by you at any time. However, note that these rights are not absolute and may only apply in certain circumstances. READ MORE
You have certain rights under the law which we respect and comply with and which can be exercised by you anytime. However, note that these rights are not absolute and apply in certain circumstances. You may check the table above or contact us to find out more when these rights apply.
- right to access to your personal data
- right to request correction of your personal data free of charge
- right to request erasure of your personal data
- right to object to processing of your personal data
- right to request restriction of processing of your personal data
- right to request transfer of your personal data
- right to withdraw consent
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data or to exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
15. UPDATING PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU
Inform us @ firstname.lastname@example.org when you update or change the information you made available to us.
16. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice will be updated from time to time and we will aim to notify you when this happens.
17. CONTACT DETAILS
Please address questions, comments and requests regarding this Notice to Privacy Team, email@example.com or send a letter to our physical office @ Alliance House, 71 Ademola Street, South-West Ikoyi, Lagos State, Nigeria.